Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Unproportional

Rain
Rain
Canada
2001/07/12, 02:59 AM
Hi, my name is David. I would really appreciate anyone could give me. I will try to make it as quick as possible because I know you must be very busy.

I am a 21, about 5'10 and 215lbs.. I am in not bad shape but my body is unproportional and I have stretch marks, they look white but if i push hard they turn red, across my biceps and in front and behind in my armpits. I have always had them when I hit a muscle growth spurt in high school and I was not lifting weights. However, I was very active in hockey and Rugdy. After three years of University of doing nothing, I want to get in great shape. I have been working out for three months and really have heard so many different programs to follow but they are for the proportional and unstretched individual. So I do not want to inflame my stretch marks, I have not yet but I am confused as to what to do? I need to work on my chest and back to be proportional to my arms and shoulders and i hope i not have to lose any muscle. I would like my measurement for my chest and back to be about 50 inches. I love pushing weights and this was the program I was on. Any suggestion would most appreciated my measurements and my routine are below.

Chest -43 inches
Arms (flexed) -18 inches
waist (belly button) -39 inches
waist (below belly button) -37 inches
Shoulders -55 (circumference) inches and 22 inches in diameter

coolness
coolness
United States
2001/07/12, 06:35 AM
David,

I haven't heard about stretch marks changing color like that. Maybe you should consult a doctor on that. Follow Ft's program and you will be pleasantly surprised how quickly you'll improve. It's easy to follow and the results are impressive. I love it. Train hard!!
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2001/08/03, 12:43 PM
I have one stretch mark that you can't even see now. Only time will make them less visible. Also, you can buy some type of lotion that women use post-pregnancy to help with this situation. Don't be afraid to try it. You can probably ask most women what they would use. For your workout, do light arms only once a week. This should reduce the chance of bigger stretch marks. Also, stay away from dumbbell presses. Using these makes it easier to get those marks. Use a balanced program and hit your chest and back twice a week. Good luck!
erin4ever1990
erin4ever1990
United States
2001/08/06, 10:14 PM
w8 is right, time is the best thing you have on your side. I am a licensed cosmetologist and have studied skin for years (years back). Drink LOTS of water and ask the doctor for pure lanolin. That is the best thing you can do for the elasticity of your skin. Also, eating appropriately, adequate rest and proper vitamins is a must.