Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Starting a Healthy Diet

MrOreo
MrOreo
United States
2008/04/18, 06:21 PM
Ok, first of all. I have never learned about what a healthy diet really looks like. I see all these people with these protein shakes and stuff and I am already lost.

I don't know if someone has a cookie cutter starter guide on eating healthy. When people say eat this many carbs I'm like, well how many carbs do all of these things have? Please message me or e-mail me or post here (chrisjgray@gmail.com) if you have any ideas. I am not trying to be a muscle guy but I want to be lean and cut.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/04/21, 08:35 AM
Cookie cutter guide...

Eat 5-6 smaller meals a day - every 2-3 ours - it stokes your metabolism.

Never skip breakfast - it kills your metabolism to skip it.

Eat as close to nature as possible - this means cutting out most procesed foods, as much sugar and junk as possible and eating lots of fresh, healthy foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, nuts, seeds and essential fats.

Make your small meals a balance of complex carbohydrates, lean protein and a little fat.

Drink plenty of fresh water.

There are tons of sites that help you count calories, carbs, etc. If you want to be successful in a healthier lifestyle, you will have to educate yourself.

Read the Grocery list for healthy Eating, check out fitday or caloriecount.com....

we ain't gonna hand it to you on a silver platter - all the info you need is here, ask specific questions and you will get more specific guidance. ;)

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

MrOreo
MrOreo
United States
2008/04/21, 03:43 PM
Thank you asimmer! I am really just trying to find out where to start. Your advice is greatly appreciated. I am going to look at those websites and see what I can do to make a healthy lifestyle.

By Lean meats, do you mean like chicken, and hamburger meats? I'm going to google Lean Meats and see what I can find. <<Uneducated and cracking the books!
MrOreo
MrOreo
United States
2008/04/21, 03:53 PM
Is this a balanced day? This is what I could figure out. I am going shopping soon. Hopefully this is good.

Meal 1 Breakfast
2 Eggs (scrambled with pepper)
Banana
Jasmine Rice

Meal 2 Snack
Apple
Roasted Peanuts

Meal 3 Lunch
PB&J on whole wheat bread
Celery with PB

Meal 4 After Work Snack
Tuna Sandwich on whole wheat bread

Meal 5 Dinner
Boneless Chicken Breast
Jasmine Rice
Asparagus
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/04/21, 03:55 PM

Red beef , pork, chicken breast, turkey, tuna, ham, fishes,

============
Quoting from MrOreo:

By Lean meats, do you mean like chicken, and hamburger meats? I'm going to google Lean Meats and see what I can find. <<Uneducated and cracking the books!
=============

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
MrOreo
MrOreo
United States
2008/04/21, 04:00 PM
Thank you! I am guessing when you say red beef, you mean any beef from the store that is red.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/04/22, 08:08 AM
Mr Oreo - That day doesn't look too bad:) keep up the education :)
MrOreo
MrOreo
United States
2008/04/22, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the encouragement! We'll see how I do today, and I will try to prepare more foods to fit into those 5 meal categories.