Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Road Warrior seeks virtual workout buddy

pettittjess
pettittjess
United States
2008/03/31, 02:19 PM
As a professional speaker, I travel 15-25 days a month. I am looking to be healthy while on the road and at home.

I have quit smoking, drinking, caffeine and have lost a good amount of weight, but am still heavy and VERY out of shape. I walked a half marathon last year and have done nothing since.

I am mostly vegetarian (I married one but still eat meat occassionally), don't eat a lot of processed foods, and want to be healthier. One the road I find it hard to eat well and that I am unmotivated to move my body out of my hotel bed.

I would love a "virtual buddy" to keep each other on track and motivated. This is how I quit smoking and drinking and would love to see it work with something additive as well!

Thanks in advance for your support
Jess

--------------
I am... Social Justice & Diversity
Consulting and Facilitation
Tough subjects... Progressive Ideas...
www.jessicapettitt.com
(917) 543-0966 cell
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/03/31, 04:18 PM
Please only post in one forum. Congrats on the success of quitting smoking.

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/04/01, 01:21 PM
I feel your pain pettitt. I travel a lot for my job, in fact just got back from Houston for a trip. It's not easy keeping a healthy lifestyle with all the travel when you can't simply pack a healthy lunch, cook a healthy dinner, eat your snacks and call it a day. You have to try to pack snacks and drinks that will make it through security on the airplane, and won't spoil over the trip. Then try to convince your travel mates to eat lunch at Subway every day, and find the healthiest option for dinner at the local Pub and Grill where everyone else wants to eat. Then, you get these stinking little "fitness rooms" at the hotel which is really just a hotel room with a treadmill and a big weight machine. But, maybe the front desk person doesn't code your key correctly so you can even get into the fitness room and you are left jogging in place in your room while you watch re-runs of Saved By The Bell.
WOAH! Sorry about that. I had a bit of a rough trip my last go around. lol. Long story short, there are a lot of us here in your shoes. Welcome to FT, I'm sure you will find the support you are looking for. :)
Big-Paul
Big-Paul
United States
2008/04/01, 11:06 PM
Hi pettittjess,
Like you I do some public speaking and travel doing shows as a hypnotist and I also have in the past drank, smoked and used way too much caffiene and am still working on the weight but am much improved from the past few years just a tidbit of advice the small fitness areas in the hotels are not that bad but if you don't like them bring your own resistance bands and a swiss ball they don't take up much space and the ball can be deflated for travel and aired at your room keep things positive and good things will happen.
Paul