Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Fruit and Sugars

mwalshy20
mwalshy20
United States
2008/03/22, 09:15 PM
I was curious as to what fruits are better for you and which fruits maybe you should steer clear of in regards to natural sugars. I've heard conflicting stories, any help would be greatly appreciated....walshy
yessicarathsak
yessicarathsak
United States
2008/03/22, 09:36 PM
I eat all fruits. Nobody ever got fat off of fruit, and it's all healthy, so why steer clear of any of it?? Unless you have a medical reason for avoiding sugars, of course. I never understood not eating fruits because of sugars or not eating vegetables because of carbs. In my opinion fruits and veggies are some of the best things for you, and you should eat as many as you want.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/03/22, 09:48 PM
Most any fruit due to the health reasons(flavinoids mainly) are good. However, remember, you need to fit them in as your diet allows. Some are more calorie dense than others, so no matter how good something is for you, if it puts you over your caloric needs, you will not lose weight.

Now, are some better than others? Most anything that ends in berry, strawberries(one of the highest vitamin C sources), blueberries, etc. are outstanding. Apples and pears are high in fiber. In fact, there is some evidence that eating an apple before each meal will help you lose weight.

Pineapple after a meal can be a great addition, as it is wonderful for digestion due to a special enzyme, called bromelain. Fresh in this case is best.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/03/22, 10:07 PM
Stay away from dried fruit if you are trying to lose pounds.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/03/23, 09:10 AM
As BB1 said, pineapple is great for digestion, ever wonder why the chinese people serve it at the higher end chinese restraunts ? You'd be suprised at some of the carbs in certain fruits, like banana's and oranges, bout 100 cals each with 25-30 grams of carbs, eat accordingly to your diet, this is why i stress a food log, it so easy and helpful its not even funny.

Also look up on google a " Catabolic fruit/food list ", that will show you some fruits/foods that require your body to burn more calories than whats actually in the food your are eating, hence when BB1 mentioned the idea of eating and apple before meals will help you lose weight.

Increase your fiber intake, it helps in digestion and gives you that " Full " feeling and drinks lots of water.

--------------
How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget.. you dont expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes
Initialized and folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You cant expect a bit of hope
So while youre outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what youre staring at is me.
----------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Bill