Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

any suggestions.. 5'4 190 lbs :(

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/03/11, 08:29 AM
Quit eating junk. Start eating good foods like meats, nuts, vegetables, fruits. Eat 3 main meals per day with 3 smaller snacks worked in there as well.
daniels0730
daniels0730
United States
2008/03/10, 05:01 PM
hey im new at FT, Im 18 yrs old im 5'4 and i weigh about 190 lbs, i heard about this 6 meal a day diet i dunno if that works or what foods to be eating i occasionally drink i dont know if that is hurting my weight. so i would like to get down to 155 some day but i need some help on how to start out my dieting... any suggestions?
KeciaS87
KeciaS87
United States
2008/03/16, 11:05 PM
for starters look up Grocery List for healthy eating under the "Specific Diets & Nutrition Discussion - also Recipes!" Message board it is very helpful with the type of foods that would be good for starting with a healthy diet. A good way loose weight of course is exercise. Cardio is usually the most helpful. Good luck and keep to your goal:)
cshenaille
cshenaille
United States
2008/03/23, 03:56 PM
I say just hang in there and stop drinking because I read somewhere that does affect your weight....or maybe just cut down a bit because it wouldnt be a good idea to just quit all together. by the way my name is chasity and its my first day trying this.
malsabrook
malsabrook
United States
2008/04/10, 10:52 AM
Stop drinking soda. All of it. Soda is a bunch of empty calories. You aren't getting anything from it. Drink water. A lot of water. I am the same height as you and I drink about 5 bottles of water a day. Exercise, of course. Any form of exercising will help you lose weight. Cardio is specifically aimed at improving your cardiovascular abilities and it burns calories a lot quicker than just pure weight lifting. If you don't like really long sessions of cardio, I would suggest researching something called HIIT. Weight lifting will build muscle, which burns more calores that fat, so an increase in muscle will increase your metabolism.
Erin_123
Erin_123
Canada
2008/05/31, 05:19 PM
I was in the same boat less than a year ago! take my advice...dont diet!

learn to count calories...stick to a 2000 calorie limit. if you dont know how many calories are in something google it. you need to change forever...not just untill you lose the weight. eventually you'll find that you can eat a ton of healthier foods at less calorie cost. also, dont deprive yourself of the occassional treat...just count it in with your calories.

stop drinking sugar (pop, juice, ice capps)...use your calories for food.

watch your oil intake! fried foods are fatty because they're fried in oil...take a look in the cupboard and check out how many calories are in a teaspoon of oil...it's INSANE! and fried foods (french fries, fried chicken ect..) are cooked in a whole lot more than just a teaspoon.

start doing some sort of excersizing...you need to leave the house every day, go for a walk, go rollerblading,go for a bike ride, go shopping...anything...just go. Compete with yourself...go as far as you can one day..see if you can make it farther the next. I lost 50 pounds and never steped foot in a gym.

eventually...it'll fall off and you'll be thin before you know it.
ChYesman
ChYesman
United States
2008/07/07, 05:13 PM
if you want to build muscle at the same time, i would suggest looking into subscribing to muscle and fitness magazine, or at least checkin out their website. they have a ton of amazing nutrition programs, and workouts for that matter, that have helped me tremendously.

--------------
Josh Morris