Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Skinny, want to gain muscle

NJDevil521
NJDevil521
United States
2008/03/05, 02:41 AM
Hi, I'm a 19 year old college student, and I'm really very skinny. And it seems no matter how much junk I eat, I cannot gain weight very fast at all. I just started working out recently, and I was just wondering, how much should I be watching my diet even though I have a very fast metabolism? If I continue working out without watching diet too much will I still see improvement in my muscle? I don't necessarily want to gain a ton of weight, but just get "toned" if that makes sense.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/03/05, 08:17 AM
I had always considered myself a hardgainer until just a fews years ago. I realized that even though I ate more than the average human being, I needed to eat more to gain. I'm now consuming about 5500 calories a day and gaining quickly. Eliminate the junk. Eat quality carbs, fats, and proteins. That, and train like you mean it. Forget that 'I just want to get toned' crap. Gain for now and decide what you want to do with it later....

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."