Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Sad day

2008/03/02, 05:45 PM
Yesterday we moved THE SHOP from our lovely rural marina on John's Island SC 60 miles up the coast to a large ticky tavy marina in Charleston to put her up for sale. After 3 years of living aboard we have to give it up. My mother in law has some health problems and needs help. She lives too far from the coast to make keeping the boat a practical thing.

I just can't express how badly we'll miss the sunsets, gentle breezes and dolphin swimming by our back porch. I also gotta tell you there is nothing in the world like trying to hook a second anchor at 3 in the morning when the wind is blowing like a banshee and waves are breaking over the deck. There is no greater freedom than living on the water.

We'll be in the horse country of Aiken SC now mowing the lawn and planting bushes like the rest of the schmucks. No complaints...the MIL is a sweetie and helping her out is our pleasure. I'll miss the life though and hope we can do it again some day.

How much are riding lawn mowers now?

--------------
Aboard the MV The Shop

Charlie
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/03, 07:59 AM
That is too bad, Charlie. I hope you can get out on the water a few times a year as a vacation from yard work.

Your MIL is lucky to have you!

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/03/03, 04:28 PM
Charlie, I know you will make the best of it.

And you can even enter the John Deer into a rodeo!

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)