Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Adding exercise to plan

Killakia
Killakia
United States
2008/02/29, 09:59 PM
I'm using the plan that the site gave me, or should I say starting the plan. Well on some days I only have 2 or three exercise for that day. Would it be a good idea to use other machines in the gym that also work the same muscle group?

Would this hurt anything at all? I also have a bike at home so I will do cardio there. I can't run because I have interar compartmental syndrome and it hurts me for days after I run or do high impact exercises. Plus I have to study anyway and I can get a little bit of that in on the bike, before I start dripping large amounts of sweat on the book.
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2008/03/03, 01:27 PM
How many days are you lifting? If you are lifting several days a week, it's pretty normal for the plan to show 2 or three exercises at a time. As a beginner, you may be better off lifting 3 days a week or so which will give you more exercises in a day.
Do anything you can for cardio. However, if you can study and do your homework while you do your cardio, then you are just going through the motions and not really working as hard as you could or should be. I see these girls at the gym reading magazines while they are on the eliptical for an hour or two, never breaking a sweat. What's the point? Good luck.