Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Vegetarians?

Zipsfb
Zipsfb
United States
2008/02/22, 03:23 PM
I need good tips for a vegetarian diet which will allow me to "cut". I'd also be interested in bulking diet tips.

Right now I do eat egg whites, although not frequently (I try to limit my consumption), and whey protein. I do eat granola, veggie burgers and falafel, trail mix is a nice cheat every once in a while. My weaknesses are chips and salsa, pop-corn, and pizza.

I've found it's hard to find a good balanced diet as a vegetarian that not only sustains you but is conducive to training intensely.

Any suggestions are very welcome! Thanks everyone.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/02/25, 08:59 AM
Most people that "cut" tend to eat fewer carbohydrates than regularly.

If you have weaknesses like you state above then I don't think you're ready to cut. You will be cheating yourself if you're not strong enough to stay away from that crap.
mrakwaters
mrakwaters
United States
2008/04/02, 08:21 AM
Hi. I'm a fellow vegetarian as well. When I first switched years ago, I found I was over-loading on carbs. In the past few years I've refined my diet quite a bit and found that it worked quite nicely. Some of the foods I've incorporated in place of meats, while monitoring my carbs as well: Eggplant, Quorn meat substitute(which is made of rehydrated egg whites), Portabello mushrooms (great burger replacement), actually you should really experiment with all vegetables. Another thing I do to sub in for the protein I miss from meat is drink Muscle Milk. It has a ton a protein. I prefer the light option, it has less calories, carbs and fat.
I have some really incredible, exotic recipes that have become staple dishes in my house. Feel free to email if you'd like me to send some. I found my diet condusive to losing weight, while also building muscle.