Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

food for thought

borkable
borkable
United States
2008/02/10, 10:50 PM
Im 17, and Ive worked out off and on since middle school. Recently (2 months ago), I injured my shoulder and tricep from working out so much. At that time, I wasn't happy with my progress, even though I was putting in a lot of hard work. Well the first thing I did was let myself recover by doing half the weight and half the sets for about three weeks. Since then, I have been putting blood, sweat, and tears into EVERY single workout. The results? My arms went from 13" to 14". My curl went from 30 to 45. If you did the math, that's about 5 weeks, and for someone who already works out!
In conclusion, I will tell you what works best for me:
I eat ALOT.
I sleep ALOT.
I work out with perfect form, speed, and high intensity.
I listen to music, and overcome high weights through a different state of mind.
I do 6 sets of 8 reps.
Also, I take whey protein just fyi.

If something is setting you back, such as pain, or using too much weights, adress the problem before continuing a routine. That was one of my biggest mistakes, which I stubbornly still try to work through XD. Just thought I'd inform the general public that results can be achieved in short periods of time, even for people who have "difficulty" building (myself included).
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/02/11, 12:51 PM
Congratulations, good progress there.

I think the key thing that you said was that you eat a lot. Most people, including myself, that don't gain quick straight up don't eat enough.