Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Workout

armygunswife
armygunswife
United States
2008/02/05, 10:39 AM
I don't want to tone up everything. I just want to lose some weight in my stomach area and maybe thighs. My husband is of no help in that he just yells at me because I don't want to do the whole gym weight lifting thing. ( for many reasons: I have no one to go with so I am not lifting weights, I have no idea what i am doing even with reading the little descriptions and I like the rest of my body just want to tone the above) I really just want to work out on the Elliptical machine but have been told that it will do nothing. Not sure what to do oh and I don't want to work out my chest because I like my boobs and don't want to lose them...Not sure what to do any suggestions
anijjar
anijjar
United States
2008/02/05, 11:39 AM
Well you cannot choose the spots your body burns fat. The elliptical is a good machine. I use it every other day and it works great.

If you want to lose weight it will most likely happen all over the body even the boobs. Cardio is just the beginning to losing weight. You also need to watch diet and start eating healthy.

--------------
1/10/07

Currently: 6\'2 220lbs
Bench: 280 4x8
Max: 350
Incline: 230 4x8
Max: 290
Leg Press: 810 4x15

Try Not,
Do or Do Not,
There is No Try
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2008/02/05, 11:41 AM
This is not the best forum to post this question. You may want to do some reading in the other forums.
2008/02/05, 11:52 AM
My suggestion is to suck it up and put forth the necessary effort to learn the exercises. The best long term gains will come from moderately heavy freeweight compound(multijoint) exercises.....so you must start squatting, deadlifting, etc...

Tone up is a garbage word invented to scam people of their money. Yes you can shed some fat and overall bodyweight(including muscle) by running, swimming, etc and eating better however best body composition changes will happen when you lift weights CONSISTANTLY over the long term...lifting weights will build muscle which in turn will help boost your metabolism to burn additional calories...

www.exrx.net/exercise.html

www.youtube.com

you may also look into combining elements of strength training for conditioning/cardio to somewhat do a little of both...

www.rosstraining.com
www.crossfit.com <<<this is probably best if you dont have specific goals aside from getting in better overall shape/conditioning....