Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

New Diet for Fat Loss?

atlboi
atlboi
United States
2002/11/27, 09:21 AM
Here are my stats: 5'10, 185, about 10-12% bodyfat (estimate). My goal is to get around 7-8% body fat by Spring '2003. My diet consists of Raisin Bran Cereal (7g protein/45g carbs), Tuna (35g protein/0 carbs 250mg Sodium), Healthy Choice Meals (17-25g Protein 28-35g carbs), Bananas, Apples, WaterMelon, Diet Soda (70mg Sodium), Chicken Breasts, Wheat Bread, Steak, Fish, etc. My cheat days (1-2 days a week) I have sweet potatoe pie or banana pudding.

Ok.. I need help reaching my goal of 7-8% bodyfat. I know abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym. So any help suggesting any good fat burning foods would be much appreciated. I know my diet is not perfect.. but I've lost like 70lbs with it.

Thanks!
rkahl
rkahl
United States
2002/11/27, 04:52 PM
Under excercise resources there is a competition guide. You may have seen it. It shows some sample pre-contest diets for shedding the fat before a show. Even if you don't follow them they give you an idea how the pro's do it. It is very radical as you will see but that is what it takes I suppose to get to those low digits. I'm at about 12% myself and am working towards 9 or 10. It's a brutal battle but we can win. Keep the faith.

--------------
Randy

*Excuses are the skin of a reason stuffed with a lie.*

Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/11/28, 02:01 AM
If I was dieting for a competition I would get rid of the Raisin Bran cereals (too much sugar!),the pre cooked meals, the diet pops and water melon...... The bread should be brown as well. Then I'll get in some more veggies, brown rice, egg, green tea and more "funny" food like that! (o;

Now that's my personal opinion, but if you feel fine with it (and keep loosing weight) then why not just continue?..... (it's not for a competition is it?)

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/28, 04:18 PM
Substitute the raisin bran for oatmeal and sprinkle in a scoop of protien powder. HAve to feed those muscles.
Dried fruit (raisins) are poisin for someone trying to lose bf because the sugar content becomes more concentrated, thus more calories.
Try to cut back on the sodium as that makes us retain water.
Try and only have 1 cheat day.

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
2002/12/03, 02:00 PM
whats the scoop on carbs like bread, bagels, pasta and losing weight. Seems like a lot of heavy eating if one wants the weight lose. Is this just me being paronoid about the myth of to much calories?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/12/03, 05:02 PM
Bagels are a big Myth because of the sugar in bagels, My family is in the bagel business and there are no benefits to help you lose weight. And no its not just you.
January's M&F has a big rundown on these foods.

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
mattmjv
mattmjv
United States
2005/01/17, 09:21 PM
im 5ft 8inch 170lbs ive been working out for about 2years i have a pretty good build, but im slacking on the midsection, can anyone give me some good tips on how to lower my bodyfat, and some cardio tips so i can get a nice set of abs. Thanks