Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

great news

effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/11/13, 04:04 PM
I went back to my home town this weekend and visited the dance studio where I used to teach. I told the studio director, who I used to be close to, that I'm training, and she's agreed to help me with the choreography ect. for my routine when I'm ready to compete! This is so fantastic, because while I can do my own choreography, it's so great to have her imput because she's a former pro dancer and I otherwise couldn't afford to get outside input on my routine! This just motivates me to work harder! Whoo hooo!

----------------------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/13, 04:32 PM
Go girl!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/13, 10:23 PM
That really is awesome. To anyone who has never competed, this is probably the only sport that the preparation for it has nothing at all to do with the end result, the presentation. You train with the weights, but you can have the greatest physique in the world, if you can't present it, you will never win. You have maybe a total of 3 minutes on stage to show. Learning the posing is a whole job in itself. It too takes hours of practice, and then more practice. You are lucky to have this help. Great fot you...you go! Best of luck...
mandre
mandre
United States
2002/11/14, 06:26 PM
Cool!

:) Melissa

--------------
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
- -- Aristotle