Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

What can lower my Triglycerides?

krazymatt
krazymatt
United States
2002/05/18, 07:59 AM
I recently went for my annual check up at the Dr. The blood labs indicate my triglycerides are slightly high. They have gone down though since 99, and so has my weight by about 35lbs. I still need to lose about 30-40lbs. I understand that by losing the rest of the weight, I will very likely get them down to normal, however, My question is: What foods cause or help this??? Thanks
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/20, 05:26 PM
A high amount of triglycerides usually mean elevated cholesterol levels. Yes, when you go on a diet, cut back on your high cholesterol foods (i.e. oily foods, egg yolks, etc.) and eat more foods such as oatmeal (this food is known to help lower cholesterol levels), fruits and vegetables.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
kim1964hay
kim1964hay
United States
2003/07/27, 10:50 AM
As long as you are otherwise healthy, the cause of high triglycerides is due to excess carbohydrate consumption. These are carbs that your body converted to fat. Frequently found in bread/pasta lovers.
============
Quoting from krazymatt:

I recently went for my annual check up at the Dr. The blood labs indicate my triglycerides are slightly high. They have gone down though since 99, and so has my weight by about 35lbs. I still need to lose about 30-40lbs. I understand that by losing the rest of the weight, I will very likely get them down to normal, however, My question is: What foods cause or help this??? Thanks

=============

--------------
Kim
Watch what you wish for, you just might get it!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/08/03, 10:21 AM
Triglycerides are the storage form of fat in the body. The suggestions given to you in the above posts are indeed right on. Changing your diet to avoid these things as Rpacheco and kim mentioned will go a long ways toward lowering your levels. You may want to think about incorporating some olive oil also in your diet, very good at changing the ratio of your cholesterol (HDL to LDL) to a more favorable one. Just a couple tbsp. per day may really be of benefit to you. High fiber foods in place of your bread and pastas as mentioned too is of greatly added benefit.

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron