Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

My breast size is shrinking?

Wiccanblaze
Wiccanblaze
Canada
2007/10/18, 11:40 AM
Finaly... I can ask people wihout feeling embarassed!

Well, about a month or two ago I droped in weight by about 25-30 pounds pretty quickly. I was quite happy wih my progress alhough I will admit that I was a bit unhealthy. My delema is that I used to be a size 36c and in he midst of my losing so much weight so quickly I droped to a 34b cup size. Im not sure why my breasts decided to shrink so much...and now im quite self cautious around everyone especialy my boyfriend.

My question is,
-Has this happened to anyone ealse?
-Why do you think it was so drastic?
-Can I do anything to bring them back to normal size? (other than gain back the weight)

Any help is very much appreciated, Id love to stop being so worried about the situation.

Cortney Coralyne xX
drieman
drieman
United States
2007/10/18, 12:28 PM
I am not an expert but I do have experience with this......I believe the breast tissue is fat and muscle, If you are loosing weight, you will also reduce the size of your breasts. Sounds like you are loosing weight by not eating much. You are not just loosing fat, you are loosing muscle also, so your breasts don't have a chance. You should eat a clean diet of 5 to 6 meals a day and exercise.
This has happened to me when I was loosing by starvation but not this time, I have lost in size around but not cup.
Again, it is drastic because you are starving your body, muscles.
Bring them back with exercise.

Good luck and welcome to FT.

--------------
Success is not for the chosen few but rather for the few who choose it.
2007/10/18, 01:32 PM
What you experienced is actually quite common. For many, many women one of the first places that they lost weight/mass is in their breasts, which are mostly fat to begin with. Why does it happen? Well, genetics is the short answer. Breasts are composed of mammory tissue and fat tissue, and the ratio varies from woman to woman. In some, it's mostly mammory tissue, and exercise doesn't touch it. In other women it's mostly fat tissue and exercise does cut it. Losing weight in starvation mode will hit your breasts first b/c your body thinks it's fighting to stay alive, therefore it starts drawing from fat reserves that are least important to it for survival. If you're a starving animal, you don't need breasts b/c you probably aren't going to be reproducting any time soon, so that's where the doby will take fat. Can you get your breasts back without putting on the lbs everywhere. Well, no lie here. It's going to be very difficult for you. It will require very clean eating and a higher caloric intake than you may be comfortable with. You've done some metabolic damage by undereating, and you've slanted things to strongly favor future weight gain. To come back from where you are, you will have to eat VERY clean, b/c the second you start adding calories to your starved system, which you need to do, your body will do it's darnedest to take those calories and lay them down in fat deposits for the future. Clean eating will make it hard for your body to do that. Good luck, and post often with comments, questions, successes and struggles.

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
Wiccanblaze
Wiccanblaze
Canada
2007/10/18, 02:53 PM
-sigh-

I seriously wish that I would have payed alot more attetion to my body, and how reckless I have been about losing weight. I see now that I was unhealthy, bu like I figured it's going to be a slow road to recovery in all areas.

Thank you very much for sharing your experiance/information, I really and truly appreciate your kindness and support:love: