Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Looking for advice

spoiledbrat6887
spoiledbrat6887
United States
2007/09/25, 12:26 PM
I am 6'7" and 412lbs. I was sedentary most of my childhood, became a chef and am now a truck driver. I am new the exercising and have a very hectic lifestyle. My schedule changes on a day to day basis and it's hard to keep foods fresh in my truck for more than a couple of days. What I want to know is if anyone has any ideas for exercising and nutrition on the road. I eat mostly in truck stops and try to keep healthy snacks in the truck. I am also drinking about a gallon of water a day. I would love to have those 6 pack abs. I also have 2 herniated disks in my lower back. Can anyone help?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2007/09/25, 05:44 PM
Perhaps a set of kettlebells will help do the trick. Varying weights... adjustable dumbells might be easy to store. A weight vest would be good, too.

A fellow on another site I frequent is a truck driver and he has a small fridge in his truck.

Hope that helps.
Olibobwa
Olibobwa
United States
2007/09/27, 01:32 PM
Whey protein, canned tuna, canned beans, wheat bread, oats, peanut butter, ect...

Exercising shouldn't be hard. You could run for 10min every morning or get an exercise bike. I've seen some of the bikes that could almost fit in the trunk of a car. Tim also has a good idea with the adjustable weights.

Your back doctor might can recommend some good exercises too