Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Low Fiber Low Carbs

rebing1964
rebing1964
United States
2007/09/23, 12:14 AM
I am diabetic and have motility stomach (requires low fiber) I really need help with menu planning I must lose wright before my doc gets really upset But so hard all diets recommend high fiber shich will not work for me I have been to see 3 different nutrionist and it has been no help they all just look a me when I try to tell them I can't have alot fiber I am really getting discouraged.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/09/23, 09:02 AM
Well - how about protein shakes, lowfat protein sources, and the rest you will have to read labels to avoid fiber. Your biggest challenge will be to find foods that don't contain a lot of sugar but are low in fiber.

Have you looked to see if there is a website or organization that specificaly deals with people with problems similar to yours?

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/09/23, 09:04 AM
This site may lead you to some good info:

http://www.aboutgimotility.org/site/about-gi-motility/disorders-of-the-stomach/

--------------
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle