Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Opinions on my diet/menu ....

tough_guy007
tough_guy007
Canada
2007/09/18, 02:02 PM
I just want some opinions on my diet. I am terribly picky when it comes to food (I dont like the

taste of many fruits or veggies, fish makes me vomit from both smell and taste). So I wanted to post

a "typical" days menu and see what you all think.

Breakfast:
2 or 3 pieces of brown 12 grain toast with PB
1 yogurt cup
1 nutrigrain muffin bar
1/2 glass of milk
1/2 glass of OJ

Mid morning:
Shake: Protein powder gives about 1000 calories, 52 grams of protein, 160g carbs, and 14g of fat.
Add in: 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of OJ, banana, 6 - 8 strawberries, 1 egg.
An apple

Lunch:
1 - 1&1/2 cups of pasta with Alfredo sauce
1 tin of tuna
1/2 cup of celery or cucumber
1 cup of apple/cranberry juice

Mid afternoon:
1/2 cup celery or cucumber
Nutrigrain bar

Pre-workout shake (usually same as above)
Post-workout shake (usually same as above)

Dinner:
It varies on the meat. Either chicken or beef. Usually accompanied with at least 1&1/2 cups of rice

or potatoes
1 cup of veggies

Late evening/early night:
Small shake (about half of above)
1/2 cup of cottage cheese

Thats a typical day. There isnt "much" in the way of variety as again, Im fairly picky when it comes

to food. I just plain dont like a lot of stuff. Blame my taste buds.

So for you experts out there, do you see any holes? Things I could possibly change up?

Thanks in advance.
tough_guy007
tough_guy007
Canada
2007/09/20, 11:47 AM
Anyone? :P
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/09/21, 08:41 AM
So are you having 3 1,000 calorie protein shakes each day on top of all that food?

You don't have a profile so it is hard to tell what you're attempting to accomplish with this plan. Have you figured out how many calories you need each day to hit your goals and computed what you're eating each day?

The selection looks pretty good, but if it is too much food you won't lose weight. Or on the flip side if it isn't enough food you won't gain muscle.
tough_guy007
tough_guy007
Canada
2007/09/24, 07:07 AM
============
Quoting from ecle5c:

So are you having 3 1,000 calorie protein shakes each day on top of all that food?

You don't have a profile so it is hard to tell what you're attempting to accomplish with this plan. Have you figured out how many calories you need each day to hit your goals and computed what you're eating each day?

The selection looks pretty good, but if it is too much food you won't lose weight. Or on the flip side if it isn't enough food you won't gain muscle.
=============

Sorry about the profile. I should really get on top of that.

My goal is to gain a bit of weight. Im 6ft 155lbs and I would like to get to about 190 - 195 over the course of the next year while at the same, getting into shape. Get some cardio as well for sports.

Each shake works out to be about 1250 calories and I try to have 3 a day on top of the food. The nutrition guide on here tells me I need to eat about 4150 calories a day so I am definitely beating that. The reason why I am overshooting the 4150 a bit is because the workout program I created says not to do any cardio. But thats one of the things I WANT to work on as well. Mostly for hockey. So, I have about 5000 calories as I do some cardio every day of the week on top of the 5 day split workout routine. Do you think I am ingesting too much?

At least my selection looks good. I was worried I was missing certain things. I also take a multivitamin everyday for any nutrients that I might be missing from the lack of fruit and veggie variety.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/09/24, 09:08 AM
I think you could be eating too much. Keep an eye on the scale each week and if you're gaining weight too quick (more than 2-3 pounds per week) chances are that it is a lot of fat. I'm thinking you want to gain as much muscle as possible.

If you're gaining too quick, knock off 500 calories each day and do the same thing.