Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Will this work?

Draeze
Draeze
Canada
2007/08/25, 11:27 AM
Alright so I'm a very on-the-go type of person. Being in college with a part time job, and a social life really takes alot of my time away (much like you adults, who have full time jobs, and a family). I don't really controll what my parents buy in terms of groceries, but they do buy a nice helping of fruits and vegetables.

Now, in the past (meaning..not so long ago, before I made my FT commitment) I would drink alot of pop...And eat alot of crap food. I've now decided to completely cut pop and most juices out of my diet, and only drink water, and some milk with cereal. (Occasionally I'll have an ice tea or something just as a treat)

I'm not eating chocolate bars, or chips, or anything like that anymore, so there goes the junk food. The only problem is, I seem to be running out of fruit and veggies really quickly. Usually for breakfast I'll have a small bowl of yogourt, sliced orange, and some peanut butter toast, and then usually a sub or sandwich for lunch, and then some meat/potatoes/veggies for dinner - that sort of thing.

I want to cut this post short, so I just want to make sure that this type of diet will help me at all. Cause generally speaking, I can only have certain things availible at this time, so I have to work with what I have.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/08/29, 02:49 PM
Your best to try and eat something every 2-3 hours, so 5-7 meals/snacks per day. try having something nutritious that includes a protien source in between meals. The best way to know if your having success is to simply see how its working for you after a few weeks. Cutting the junk food and increasing your veggies is a great way to start. check out the grocery list for healthy eating, you can't go wrong if you stick to eating the things on that list.