Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Shoulder Issues

pamla76
pamla76
United States
2007/08/03, 01:54 PM
when I am stretching my left shoulder, like bringing my arm across me chest, I hear a grinding and popping.Also there will be days where it is painful for me to do simple things that involve shoulder movement. Any help would be of great assistance:)
ERTfgh
ERTfgh
Australia
2007/11/29, 08:11 PM
I know how you feel.
I did mine by pushing heavy weights without a proper worm up. I would lay of military press, lateral rasers (can be done leaning forward if the pain is in the front or mid reagon of your shoulder),wide grip chin ups (only do shoulder width and the last excersise you should be mindful of is flys (Do not over strech when doing this excersise).

Here is a site you can start off with but there are plenty more on the web. just search rotator cuffs.
http://www.bodyresults.com/E2RotatorCuff.asp

My best advice is see a sports medice doctor. Don't worry about physios...

P.S just listen to your body and do not push it coz it could mean a long time without training.

Good luck

============
Quoting from pamla76:

when I am stretching my left shoulder, like bringing my arm across me chest, I hear a grinding and popping.Also there will be days where it is painful for me to do simple things that involve shoulder movement. Any help would be of great assistance:)
=============
grulkey
grulkey
United States
2007/12/08, 07:39 PM
:dumbbell:
I would like to know what is the best way to heal a shoulder injury? When I do incline bench my left shoulder pops midway to full extention.:cool:
illinoisboy84
illinoisboy84
United States
2007/12/13, 01:54 PM

============
Quoting from grulkey:

:dumbbell:
I would like to know what is the best way to heal a shoulder injury? When I do incline bench my left shoulder pops midway to full extention.:cool:
=============

just do like i do, find an alternate exercise or use a really light weight. Keep doing it and you'll find yourself a few yrs down the road not lifting anything with that arm.
aaronbrickhouse
aaronbrickhouse
United States
2008/02/21, 09:27 PM
I have the same problem with my right shoulder. I used to work a press where I was constantly pulling up and down a few thousand times a day. If I knew then the affect it would have on as I got older I def would have thought twice about working that job. I use light weights when I do shoulders no more than 15lbs with free weights. I also do warmup exercises and stretching before I get into the workout.