Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

the perfect post-workout routine

somethin4mark
somethin4mark
United States
2007/08/02, 06:36 PM
At the risk of sounding like a "novice", hear is my question... what would be the PERFECT post-workout shake?

My goal at this time is to build muscular endurence so I always do 12-16 reps when I weight train, 3 days a week, i swim for cardio for 30 mins on my off days, 3 days a week, and I rest on Sunday. I am 190lbs and I would like to be leaner.

Currently I take 50 grams of chocolate whey, a banana, with 16oz of water/fat free milk mix (50/50), within 5-15 mins after weight trainning and cardio, along with a 20 oz Gatorade powder and water mix (35 gram carbs). Then chicken and mixed veggies (broccoli, green beans, peas, and corn) an hour after the shake

I always thought that this was the perfect post workout routine, but after messing around the message board I think it could be better. Apparently I am suppose to take my shake and gatorade over 30 mins, not all at once. What else am i doing wrong? Could the shake be better? Should I drop the corn? What do you guys do?

--------------
Excusses are like a**holes, everyones got one, and they all stink
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/08/04, 10:39 AM
What you are doing is fine. What would you want to tweak? There really is no 'perfect' post workout scenario. Nourishment is as close as it gets. You are doing that quite nicely it seems to me. Some fancy 'tweaking' will not change much of anything. Think back, years ago, before whey was ever around for instance. What was done after a strenuous workout? Went home and ate everything in site.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer