Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

being injured and nutrition

Flexxa
Flexxa
Canada
2007/07/30, 01:48 AM
Both my right shoulder and knee and injured. I can't go to the gym, the only exercises I do are the ones my physiotherapist has told me to do in order to strenghten the affected areas.

How could I manage my nutrition? How much would be normal to gain in a period of one month? This is my second week no gym or any other activity and a week and a half of physiotreatment. I should wait 20 more days to be back to the gym and start slow.

Now, I am able to walk a bit more because I am using a knee cap.
I am female, 5'5" and aprox 115. (I think I have gained a pound) How much calories I should cut. I am sensitive to cardio or hard gainer (muscle it is), fit built, slim complexion. I used to go five days a week to the gym and do cardio almost every day 25 to 30 minutes.

Thank you for any advice. :dumbbell:

--------------
~Flexxa~
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/07/30, 09:18 AM
What exactly is your question?

I wouldn't do any exercise that isn't approved by your doc. You should still eat healthy. You won't gain much muscle I wouldn't think. Your nutrition shouldnt' overly change assuming you account for the fewer calories being spent from not going to the gym as much.
Flexxa
Flexxa
Canada
2007/07/31, 03:10 AM

============
Quoting from ecle5c:

What exactly is your question?

I wouldn't do any exercise that isn't approved by your doc. You should still eat healthy. You won't gain much muscle I wouldn't think. Your nutrition shouldnt' overly change assuming you account for the fewer calories being spent from not going to the gym as much.
=============

No, I am not working out! I just was telling what I used to do while exercising...gosh I can't even walk properly, although it had improved with the physio and the special exercises...

But I had a hope I could earn some muscle while "resting"...I still eat healthy, but I was wondering about the calorie intake...
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/07/31, 08:37 AM
I think that attempting to gain muscle without being able to lift is pointless. You would be better off trying to lean out and then bulk once your doc clears you.