Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Toe pain....

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/07/17, 01:19 PM
Hi! I'm thinking that I need to go to the Dr. for this "condition", but wonder if anyone else has experienced it. For the past year or two, I have extreme pain in the underside of my second toe on my left foot, mostly when overexerting it. I first noticed the problem after an 8 hour walking trip at the zoo in flip flops (first mistake, I know). Since then, I've had trouble with that toe whenever I walk for an extended period of time (an hour or more) or if I'm doing a cardio workout like aerobics or dancing (even if only for 30 mins). I do wear tennis shoes now for any activies like those mentioned above. Although, I don't wear shoes when doing yoga, and do notice the foot pain about 3/4 of the way through my 45 minute session. I do also notice the pain if I wear heels or wear flip flops regardless of the amount of time spent in them.
The pain is very severe and only goes away with rest. However if it becomes painful in the middle of a workout, (or at the other end of the zoo and I have no choice but to continue to use the foot), I can tuck my toes under my foot (walking on the toe "knuckles"(?) and get by until I can rest.
Anyone else experience anything like this and have any idea what it might be? Thanks!
amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/07/19, 02:39 PM
Well, no one answered my post, which either means that no one has experienced this, or they don't have any idea what it may be. In case anyone is interested, or may have a similar situation, I went to the Dr. today for an unrelated issue and had him check out the toe in the meantime. He says I've got tendonitis in my toe (didn't know that was possible!). He says that a dosage of motrin before workouts should help the pain, if not we can to cortisone shots in the tendon. Because I'm a wimp, I'm just going to take the motrin. :)