Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Feeling sick......?

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/06/13, 09:36 AM
Well, this is kind of a gross question, but I have to ask and make sure that I'm not alone here. For breakfast every day I have an egg white omlet with some green pepers and mushrooms, 1% cottage cheese and a granola bar (healthy type, not like the chocolate chip ones). Well, I got into the fridge this morning and forgot that I didn't go to the store last night and was out of EVERYTHING!!! So, I cooked up one of my hubby's Toaster Scrambles, you know with the eggs and bacon and cheese and greese in a pastry thing and had a piece of low fat string cheese to try to get something half way nutritional. Well, I always eat clean these days, but after my breakfast I feel like I'm going to throw up (literally) and have been to the bathroom like 5 times already (I know, gross). Over the weekend I was craving a McD's cheeseburger, so I fell off the wagon, gave in, and bought ONE cheeseburger (not a double, or big mac, just a single little one, no fries or soda) and felt the same way for about 6 hours afterwards. Is this normal? Is it truly possible that my body has gotten to the point that it is rejecting these non-healthy foods? If so, then I'm super proud that my body has come so far, but need some Pepto in the meantime!!! Thanks!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/13, 09:58 AM
YEP! once you get onto a clean diet for a while, junk food will make you sick. For a while your body will sort of 'shunt' it (I know, gross) out of your system, but if you continue to eat the junk you will find your body stops resisting and starts storing it all as fat, blech.

Go grocery shopping! Oh - and if you haven't already seen it - rent "Supersize Me" - you won't believe how much junk food impacted his health in the period of time he ate it. And he did get pretty sick at first.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/06/13, 11:47 AM
Thanks, great info as always Amy! I actually have seen Super Size me about 4 times. I watch it about every 3 months to remind me to stay away from the junk! Funny, the movie didn't occur to me this morning as I was about to vomit! ha ha. On a good note, I've drank a couple bottles of water and am feeling much better. Phew! That was rough!
I'm going grocery shopping tonight, I've got the diet and exercise thing down. Any tips to end procrastination? ha ha.