Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

How does this sound for meals

ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/06/12, 01:07 PM
Can someone tell me how this sounds so far?
This is what I had from when I got up until now 6am-1PM:

10 Almonds
Half banana
Fiber one cereal with two tablespons flax seed meal and a tablespoon of wheat germ, using 1 cup soy milk (vanilla)and one scoop of optimum whey protein powder
Grapes - 1/2 cup
Blueberrys - 1/2 cup
1 piece of chx breast griled
1 cup green tea
Turkey Sandwich on whole grain bread with mustard

I did a calculation and made a spreadsheet for what everything has and what my goals are based on my plan of:
Cal - 3300
Protein - 248
Carbs - 413
Fat - 92

It seems like I am making good progress so far. The rest of the day I will have some low fat jello, a whey shake PWO, grilled chicken salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, a can of tuna and a half serving muscle milk before bed.

Also, are my food choices good?

Thanks!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/13, 09:04 AM
Looks good so far, but the rest of your day sounds a little devoid of calories if you are going to hit 3300.

Why not have a baked sweet potato with you tuna or with your chickien salad? Or some brown rice?

What are your goals?

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

ssminnow
ssminnow
United States
2007/06/13, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the response Asimmer! I was trying to find suitable foods to fill that calorie gap. The sweet potato or brown rice is a great idea.

I am looking to put on some mass, but want to do it the proper way without eating junk.

If I dont hit those calorie goals, will I at a minimum get more toned and stronger? I never thought eating would be a problem, its just trying to get that much of good foods is such a change that learning what to eat makes it hard.

I am going to start scouring all of the recipes here and make a trip to the supermarket.