Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

my vacation

Lindsay22
Lindsay22
United States
2007/06/05, 09:48 AM
Before I left on vacation to California, I was on a very strict diet and work out plan, and I prepared myself for a vacation and packed protien bars, and went to the grocery store when we got there and bought healthy foods. But of course, being on vacation, we went out to dinner (Mexican) a lot and for icecream almost every night, and I slacked on my workouts, but we walked everywhere. I got home a few days ago, only to find I lost weight!! Not to mention, I felt great. How come I see no results when on a strict diet and workout plan, and I feel sluggish, and then I lose weight when I eat Mexican and icecream every night? How discouraging!
crazycro905
crazycro905
Canada
2007/06/05, 11:57 PM
I heard that spicy food is suppose to help speed up your metabolism. And everyone should feel great after they come home from vacation :big_smile:
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/06/06, 07:56 AM
Maybe your calories were too low on your strict plan and you were at too large a deficit? So when your body finally got enough calories it released some stored weight.

Or maybe you lost mass....hard to know what you lost without doing a bodycomp.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle