Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Early Male Hair Loss

Follower12
Follower12
United States
2007/05/29, 11:28 PM
Hello Everyone,

Recently i have noticed that i have been lossing like 50 strands of hair in the shower while washing my hair (on my head). I was wondering if this is normal. My father, and both grandfathers are bald (with the hair around and on the back of the head) so i expect to see hair loss in the future. When i go to get my hair cut im always commented on how thick my hair is. Recently she started thining it out at the end of the haircut. Do you think her thinning it out resulted in some of the hair falling out(perhaps it was always comming out but i didnt realize it). Should i change shampoo? I heard 100 strands of hair is the normal to fall out in a day but to loose half of them in the shower at night seems like a lot. Is perhaps a change in diet( i eat a little less and more healthy now - i use to eat a lot of unhealthy things).

So, to the point... Is 50 strands of hair a lot of come off of your head in the shower? (just thought i would say there is the little white spot at the end which im guessing is the root or something? Does it grow back?)
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2007/05/30, 11:12 AM
If your Dad and Granddad were bald just accept the fact that you probably will be as well. Don't spend time worrying about it man!!!

And I doubt very seriously that cutting in any fashion is causing you to lose the hairs.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/05/30, 01:43 PM
How old are you follower? It could be that you are going bald as your father and grandfather did or that you have a deficiency in your body, diet that is causing that.

--------------
Bettia

You Get What You Train For!
- Unknown
Follower12
Follower12
United States
2007/05/30, 06:13 PM
Im only 15 :( Yea, i already accept the fact that im going to be bald but i was hoping to atleast keep my hair for another 15yrs (30yrs old).

============
Quoting from ravenbeauty:

How old are you follower? It could be that you are going bald as your father and grandfather did or that you have a deficiency in your body, diet that is causing that.

=============
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/05/30, 06:51 PM
Your diet might be deficient in iron, or a hormonal change such as thyroid disease is a big contributor to hair loss, excessive shampooing or hair drying, emotional or physical stress, nervous habits, all of these can contribute to severe hair loss. If you are able to, I would ask your parents to take you to the doctor to find out what is causing it and treat it if possible. Good luck!

--------------
Bettia

- Unknown
k-ok
k-ok
United States
2007/05/31, 11:57 AM
Male pattern baldness is usually passed through the maternal side. If both sides of the family have gone bald, you might have a double whammy. Enjoy your hair while you have it!
Follower12
Follower12
United States
2007/05/31, 06:01 PM
Hmm lets see here..
excessive shampooing? I use anti dandruff shampoo i use every night along with my regular shampoo. I get dandruff really easily so i just always use it. I think that because its medicated, it isnt healthy for my scalp to use it as a everyday thing, expecially if i dont have dandruff anymore.
Emotional stress? I kind of get angry at stupid things that bother me a lot. I get over it fast though.

I did a little test and i find that using the anti dandruff shampoo makes me loose more hair then the normal shampoo. I guess im gona slow down with the dandruff shampoo and pray thats why im lossing hair.

On the bright side, if i do go bald... maybe the new hairstyle will change to no hair :) lol

============
Quoting from ravenbeauty:

Your diet might be deficient in iron, or a hormonal change such as thyroid disease is a big contributor to hair loss, excessive shampooing or hair drying, emotional or physical stress, nervous habits, all of these can contribute to severe hair loss. If you are able to, I would ask your parents to take you to the doctor to find out what is causing it and treat it if possible. Good luck!

=============
Follower12
Follower12
United States
2007/05/31, 06:03 PM
oh btw what can i find iron in?
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/05/31, 08:32 PM
any dark leay greens like spinach, but if you want to go supplemental route, they sell iron pills that you can take once daily. I wouldn't do that unless your doctor suggests it. Medical advice is always best with situations like this.

--------------
Bettia

- Unknown
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/05/31, 08:33 PM
*leafy, sorry I am having issues with my "F" key. LOL!:)

--------------
Bettia

- Unknown
k-ok
k-ok
United States
2007/06/01, 02:46 PM
My wife takes selenium for her hair because there are some studies that suggest it will help hair grow or thicken.