Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Should I cut down carbs?

savcomeshere
savcomeshere
United States
2007/05/07, 03:18 AM
I'm a hardgainer/loser. I appear skinny but I have some fat to burn. I've been working out since February and eating more and taking supplements. But so far I've gained 15 lbs during the first month and a half and haven't gained more since even though I've been eating a whole lot more. I also don't feel like I've burned off any of my fat. I take protein bar, meal replacement, and whey protein drink. I drink fat free milk and only cook with a little bit of olive oil. I don't know if I should cut down the carbs in order to lose the fat. If I did that, would it stop me from gaining muscle mass?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/07, 08:53 AM
why don't you give us your weight, your gender and a couple of days of what you typically eat (time and amounts)...then maybe we can help...

How many calories do you average daily?

Oh, and two months of training isn't that long, your body may still be in an adjustment phase. gaining 15 pounds in a month is a lot...do you feel you gained muscle or fat? You really need to get your body composition taken with calipers by a certified trainer and track your progress that way every two weeks or every month, it is the only way to know if you are putting on muscle or fat.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle