Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Really Bad Candy Sugar Cravings

Daniellieb
Daniellieb
United States
2007/05/06, 01:29 PM
I'm having a really bad crave for candy. I was wonding if I would be better off with a regular piece of candy or a sugar free piece of candy.

Danielle
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/07, 08:54 AM
try a bowl of berries...otherwise I would say a sugarfree popsicle or sugar free jell-o. I like the sugar free candy but it does terrible things to my insides....

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Daniellieb
Daniellieb
United States
2007/05/07, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the response. I'm going to pick up sugar free popsicles today. I also get stomach issues from the sugar free candy.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/07, 02:19 PM
I also find that if I make hot cocoa with the unsweetened cocoa and splenda instead of sugar (recipe on the cocoa box) it satisfies my sweets/chocolate cravings.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/07, 02:28 PM
here are some more ideas:

Ricotta pudding

Mix1/2 to 1c fat=free or low fat Ricotta cheese with 3 tbsp cocoa powder and 3 tbsp splenda, blend well.
Eat.
Add espresso powder if desired. or vanilla extract.
I also have mixed my ricotta with General mills International sugar-free vanilla cafe au lait.

Any sugar-free cocoa powder would be good mixed in.

One of my favorite 'dieting' desserts is sugar-free jell-o made with diet rite soda instead of the cold water. Diet rite makes so many flavors, you can match them up to the type of jell-o you are making - kiwi strawberry is my favorite, but there are a lot of choices.
Top it with Cool-whip free and it is a tasty treat!

--------------

Thomas Carlyle

Daniellieb
Daniellieb
United States
2007/05/07, 04:48 PM
I have tried the ricotta with cocoa and splenda and it's really yummy. I haven't tried sugar-free jello yet. Thanks for the suggestions. I was also wondering what are the best meal replacement bars for breakfast? I'm getting so sick of egg whites. I get confused after I start reading the labels too. They all seem to have tons of carbs.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/08, 09:50 AM
Meal replacement bars aren't the best option.

Breakfast doesn't have to be egg whites - you can eat any protein source that you like - fish, chicken, extra lean ground beef, lean ground turkey breast.

Try making omelets with lots of veggies, a little lowfat or no fat cheese and some grounnd turkey and a few egg whites plus one egg - tasty and filling and good for you.

Or you could make your own protein bars - let me see if I can find some recipes for healthier ones....
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/08, 09:56 AM
I bumped a couple of posts for you.

If you really want a store bought bar - try tri-o-plex, it is made with oats.

--------------

Thomas Carlyle

amyksmith76
amyksmith76
United States
2007/05/15, 01:14 PM
Danielle, if you are still craving a piece of candy, I'd say HAVE ONE! I know that one day per month (national PMS DAY!) I crave chocolate and there is no amount of jello, or chocolate flavored rice cakes, or sugar free cocoa that will nix the craving. I'll have one or two hershey kisses, suck on them a savor every second, then I'm good to go until next month. I have learned that if I don't give in just a little on days like that, I'll end up giving up completely and will end up eating pizza, chips, cheeseburgers, etc. for a week.