Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

I'm turning to freetrainers for this one

Lindsay22
Lindsay22
United States
2007/04/27, 07:40 AM
I'm a certified personal trainer, and Ive had success stories come out of the girls I work with, and I know I know my stuff...but when it comes to me and my own diet and workout plan, I cant seem to get the results I'm looking for.

Below is my daily food intake, please tell me what I'm doing wrong...

7am - 1 cup of coffee
8am - 4 egg whites, 1 slice of wholegrain toast, 1 banana
10am - 1 dannon fit-n-lite yougart w/ 1/2 cup of granola
12pm - 1 chicken breast, 1 cup steamed broccili
2pm - protien shake
3pm - workout
5pm - either 1 chicken breast OR tuna OR 1 tilapia w/ steamed veggies and 1/2 cup of brown rice
If I'm hungry at night, I'll have some almonds, a yougart, another protien shake or peice of fruit. I'll eat the occasional peice of pizza or bowl of icecream, but I know thats not whats holding me back...what is??

My workouts consist of 6 days a week, weight training a different muscle group every day w/ 30-45 min of cardio, resting one day.

I'm 136lbs, 5'5", about 22% BF, my goal is to get down to 125lbs, under 20% BF, and be LEAN!!
I will do whatever you suggest, I'll try ANYTHING! Help!

Please and thank you...

L
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/27, 08:38 AM
lindsay - try the WSSC Food plan - its ratios are really good for fat loss. I think you are a it low in complex carbs, probably low in calories for all that you do daily. Your body may be holding fat because it is in too large of a deficit.

Look at the food plan and calculate your calories based on it's formula, then use the ratios as it lays out.

Eventually you get top a point where you have to manipulate your diet by zigzagging calories or carb cycling, but I would give the WSSC plan a try first. I dropped a lot of fat on that plan, without being hungry and I still had plenty of energy for training intensly.

The other thing you need to look at is how much you vary your cardio type and intensity, do you still challenge yourself or are you on auto-pilot? Switch it up by doing HIIT a couple of times a week, steady state, longer duration a few times, really crazy intense athletic stuff one day (think plyo, jumping rope, bounding).

Also - how intense are you lifting and when did you last change your lifting routine? That is another variable to look at - are you phoning it in or are you busting your ass?

Do more than you think you are capable of a few times a week, it will make a difference.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Lindsay22
Lindsay22
United States
2007/04/27, 09:26 AM
Thanks so much, thats exactly the advice I was looking for. I do incorporate HIIT about twice a week, then a good long run once a week and some cardio kickboxing classes and spinning classes here and there, so i do change it up. I JUST switched my lifting routine this week, so we'll see how that goes. I am going to do some more research on the WSSC food plan you suggested. Like I said, I will try anything right now. Thanks so much, I'll be in touch.

If anyone else has any additional advice, I'm open to it! Thanks everyone.
Lindsay22
Lindsay22
United States
2007/04/27, 10:18 AM
Asimmer...I researched the food plan, and I would also be on a 2,000 cal day, which equals to be about 250g protien in one day?? That seems like SO MUCH! Is it??? It also says 42g protien at every meal, and for breakfast, you suggested egg whites to equal that 42g, that is A LOT of eggwhites, PLUS oatmeal? Am I reading this correctly??

Also, I'm a big fan of bananas, should I just kick those to the curb while on this plan? How about yougart?

I also plan on following your plan for WSSC cardio plan. Should I add my weight training to that every day? Currently, I do one muscle group every day (6 days a week).

One last thing...what does WSSC stand for?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/27, 06:09 PM
I answered your Q about the food in the other forum...

Yogurt - include it and see how it goes, most people can handle dairy and still lose weight, some find they need to cut it out to go further with their physique.

Do the weight training before the cardio, if you are doing them at the same session, otherwise try splitting them apart (lift in the evening, cardio in the morning or vice versa).

Winter to Spring Shedding Challenge - one of the challengers came up with it:)

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle