Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Frustrated - diet

ZaneO
ZaneO
United States
2007/04/16, 01:50 PM
I'm trying to come off a bulking phase and go into a light cut. I'm really frustrated with eating. I feel guilty for eating anything beyond plain chicken and a piece of whole grain bread or toast. I feel like it's my only option...everything else feels like "junk" food to me.

Is this normal? How do you find the balance and/or make it out of this?

Thanks!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/16, 08:22 PM
You have some food issues. You can eat all kinds of 'clean carbs' and lose fat.

Look at the diet in the WSSC Challenge food plan - I lost about 30 pounds using that diet - all fat no muscle mass lost. I wasn't hungry, ate clean but plenty of food to support my lifting and cardio.
I continue to drop two pounds of fat a week on a plentiful amount of clean carbs now, and I even have 2 tbsp of oil a day.

You can eat plenty if it is clean and you are training hard, try not to be carb-phobic, it will work against you.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

ZaneO
ZaneO
United States
2007/04/16, 08:56 PM
Well, let me clarify a little. I'm still eating some green vegetables with dinner, oats with breakfast, etc. I'm also trying to be pretty strict with my sugar intake.

I'm just *really* bored with all the bland food and lack of variety.

I'll check out the food plan, and see if I can get some different ideas.

Thanks!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/04/17, 10:29 AM
Spices really make a difference - use different sugar free marinades and rubs for your meat, different types of seasoning muxes for your rice and veggies, salsa, etc. No reason to get bored! there are tons of healthy recipes in this forum - look escpecially at the recipes from the pro-forum 4 month challenge, it is athread in this forum, you might have to seaqrch fitbuddy.
I don't really get bored because I like to try different flavorings.

On the other hand, maybe you need a cheat day to break the monotony.

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle