Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

my workout routine

brachii
brachii
Canada
2007/03/24, 01:07 PM
Please Comment

Goal: Build 30lbs+ of muscle mass (myofibril), body fat percentage below 20%

Sunday - Nothing

Monday - Bench press, bicep curls, chin-ups and some abdominal exercise (rectus abdominis and transverse)

Tuesday - HIIT (Running for 20 min.)

Wednesday - Nothing

Thurday - deadlifts, Squats, lunges and some abdominal exercise (obliques)

Friday - HIIT (Running for 20 min.)

Saturday - Nothing

So i know now that heavy cardio can deplete the body of calories needed for heavy lifting. So thats why i cut the cardio down for this routine. I've read that a lot of rest and an increase in caloric intake are very important for increased muscle size. However, I'm still unsure of one thing. I've heard that your don't have to go to failure to build more mass, I think you should should start off with 90% of 1RM and do 5 reps (terminate 1 to 2 reps before failture), and decrease the weight to about 60-70% of 1RM. Until you are unable to do 60-70% in proper form, then simply stop. After all this you're done for the day. Im just wondering if performing an exercise like this will increase muscle mass and power. Please correct me if I am incorrect with this method of training, advice is well appreciated.

--------------
"Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." - Dan Gable

brachii
2007/03/25, 01:22 AM
ok so you're doing 2 day routine? fine then this means no isolation garbage....

my suggestion:

Day1:
Standing Overhead Barbell Press(pick a variation)
Weighted Chins/Pulls/BOR
Weighted Dips/Bench
Core Exercises
Grip Exercises

Day2:
Back Squats/deadlift(i suggest u rotate these weekly....doing deads weekly will tire u out too much)
Lunges/Step ups
Calf Raises
Core exercises
Grip Exercises

I would say build up to about a 3rm on your last set of any exercise....keep it simple...training at about 3-5 rm...is fine....you can leave a rep in the tank or u can do your last good rep ....
You can choose to do higher rep sets after your max effort sets....
brachii
brachii
Canada
2007/03/30, 11:20 PM
Thank you

--------------
"Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts." - Dan Gable

brachii
brachii
brachii
Canada
2007/03/30, 11:21 PM
Thank you, lately i've been on some medication and i've been advoiding heavy lifting on the most part, but im almost finished with the meds and once im finished i will certainly get back to training daily. Thanks FT!

--------------

brachii