Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Creatine Question

antiXcore
antiXcore
United States
2007/03/20, 04:41 PM
I've been recently taken off of bed rest due to injuries sustained in a car accident and have lost a lot of muscle mass due to being on my ass all day. Would short-term use of Creatine help jump-start my training and help me build back some of that loss muscle mass or would it not have an effect either way?

--------------
It is human nature to think wisely and act in an absurd fashion. -Anatole France
jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2007/03/21, 10:38 AM
NO, in a short response...Creatine is a muscle volumizer, not a muscle creator just get back and pump i would wait for the new muscle growth from getting back at it to hit first then start creatine....creatine is a supplement not a magic maker
antiXcore
antiXcore
United States
2007/03/21, 02:00 PM
Being female, it's harder to grow muscle for me than for you males, so you're saying work it myself and then start introducing the creatine once I've built up some of my own. I don't plan on bulking up to any extreme just would like some faster results.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2007/03/24, 10:40 AM
Creatine would be used later on like Jay said.Start off eating healthy (some foods contain creatine) and check with your dr about the exercizing. Good luck.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/03/24, 02:31 PM
You have to measure your goals to see where you stand and what supplements you need. If you are more high in fat at the moment then muscle, I would suggest holding off on the creatine until you've lowered your BF %. Once that is down, then you can focus more on growing your muscles and adding in creatine. And this is advice coming from a woman who has used creatine before. Good luck! :)

--------------
Bettia

"Minds are like parachutes; they work best when open." - Lord Thomas Dewar