Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

not what, but HOW MUCH?

Koter
Koter
United States
2007/02/20, 08:06 PM
I know of a wide variety of protein sources that i ingest and enjoy, but i don't know how much is too much. I recall hearing once that you should ingest 1-2 grams of protein for every pound, any truth? I just wanted to know how much protein you'll typically eat before and after your workouts. On another note, i should mention that due to my schedule i've developed a routine lifting every other day (i know it's not the most effective, but i make due with my situation). So on those off days should i still ingest the same amount of protein or since im not as active cut it back? I fear that eating too much protein both on and off from the days i lift will cause me to gain weight (fat) which is the least of my goals.

SO, if you have a method that works, if you can relate to my situation, or just know based on experience how much protein has produced your optimal development, respond. Thanks.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/02/20, 11:48 PM
Depending on your goals that is correct 1-2 grams per day. You should drink a protein shake directly after working out, I usually eat more carbs pre-workout than protein to get energy for the workout.

I wouldn't mess with varying your protein intake levels. Your body needs just as much protein on off days in order to recouperate as it does on days when you work out if not more.

As long as you keep the protein levels within your caloric levels you shouldn't gain fat. The big thing is to make it fit into your numbers.