Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Schwarzbein Principle

kaiaw
kaiaw
United States
2007/02/11, 05:05 PM
My gym is having a 19 week challenge. Essentially at the end of 19 weeks the participants and staff vote on who made the most changes to their bodies/lifestyle. Winner gets $500.

The diet (lifestyle) that my gym swears by is the Schwarzbein Principle. I had never heard of it until today. From what little I know so far, it requires you to take from the 4 groups (protein, healthy fats, good carbs, vegies) for each meal. Carbs are distributed per meal depending on weight/activity level. For instance, at my current weight I would be allowed 30 carbs/meal. They also stress eating TONS of non-starchy veggies. I've started doing some research on it online, but thought I would check and see if anyone here had heard of it and if so, what are your thoughts on it.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/11, 05:35 PM
I haven't heard of it, but it sounds like a healthy plan.

--------------

Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another.

Richard Bach
2007/02/11, 08:51 PM
KAIAW do you have any other info as far as this stuff goes? any thing you can post towards this diet and lifestyle?

kaiaw
kaiaw
United States
2007/02/12, 11:57 AM
I just bought the book and have started to read through it a little. From what I can tell so far, it is kind of a mixture of Atkins and the Zone diets - taking the best of both of them. Limit carbs (but not as severe as Atkins), and as you begin to lose weight, you slowly build up your carb intake per meal. Carbs are counted per meal rather than per day - so you can't skip carbs for breakfest and lunch and go crazy at dinner. No sugar, alcohol or caffeine. Pretty much says to stay away from anything processed.

The nutrition is just one part of this - there are 5 parts. Nutrition, stress management, hormone replacement?, and i can't remember the other 2 things. Her goal is to stabilize your insulin levels.