Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

ADVICE NEEDED

Koter
Koter
United States
2007/02/06, 12:12 AM
I haven't been lifting very long, maybe a month or so. I understand that technique is crucial in preventing injury and that being the case i can assure you that my problem isn't due to that. When doing flat bench, typically toward the end of my set i will have a strange sensation in my triceps shooting down my forearm and into my finger tips. It doesn't happen everytime and doesn't occur in any other exercise, but it feels like a tingling numbness? I have an extremely difficult time describing it becuase it's like nothing i've ever felt. For lack of better words, it's similar to pins in needles, but it doesn't cover my entire arm, only short sections throughout my tricep and it only lasts during the exercise. Afterward i feel fine, theres no pain during or after the exercise, just discomfort. I have continued to lift with it against my better judgement, but am beggining to worry seeing as its occuring more frequently and with more intensity. Any ideas? Anyone out there experienced anything similar or heard of a case like this? Any info is helpful, thanks!
IAUMP
IAUMP
United States
2007/02/07, 01:50 PM
Koter,

This is just a guess but you may be pinching a nerve during your bench presses. You may want to see a chiro and explain the problem to them. A good chiro should be able to pin point the problem and work on correcting the situation.

Also, please complete your profile, as that will help others to respond better to you questions.