Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Ab Toning

danago
danago
Australia
2006/12/26, 09:13 AM
Hi. Im 16 and male, and looking to tone my abs. I dont want what those competition body builders have, but what i would like is a hard stomache, and abs which are visible, but like i said before, not as defined as the competition body builders.

First thing id like to know; what role does genetics play? Ive read a few articles saying that some people can get a 6 pack, and some people just cant. But really, how strong are the genes?

Now ive never really changed my diet, or changed the physical activity i do, so this is all pretty new, but im willing to try.

First, ill some photos of myself, to show my current physique, and what i will be working with:

FRONTAL
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6430/img0006lu3.jpg
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1498/img0007tw0.jpg
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4078/img0015nn9.jpg

SIDE
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/9660/img0010mj7.jpg

ok. From all the articles ive read, these are some common facts ive found:
-I need a low body fat, especially around the stomache
-I need to do ab exersizes with resistance
-I need to follow a strict diet
-I should work out 3-4 times a week, allowing the muscles to rest

All other input appreciated.

By looking at the photos, is anyone able to say what kind of excersizes i should do? Should i focus more on fat burning, or muscle building?

For my cardio, i have a few options. I have mountain bikes, a swimming pool, a huge property which i can use to run, and a trampoline. I generally like to use the trampoline for 20-30 mins, and also running. Is a trampoline good? It seems to be decent, seeing as how i am in constant motion.

One thing i know i need to work on is my diet. I loooooooove my chocolate and junk food, which ill do my best to cut out. Im a very fussy eater. I love my pasta dishes. I eat vegetables, but not as much as i should be. I love my fruit. I eat meat, but not as much as i should.

So yea. Ive said a little bit about myself. Is anyone able to help me from that? Maybe give a basic guide as to how long it may take? What i should do?

Thanks very much for the help.
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/01/14, 05:18 PM
============
Quoting from danago:

Hi. Im 16 and male, and looking to tone my abs. I dont want what those competition body builders have, but what i would like is a hard stomache, and abs which are visible, but like i said before, not as defined as the competition body builders.

First thing id like to know; what role does genetics play? Ive read a few articles saying that some people can get a 6 pack, and some people just cant. But really, how strong are the genes?

Now ive never really changed my diet, or changed the physical activity i do, so this is all pretty new, but im willing to try.

One thing i know i need to work on is my diet. I loooooooove my chocolate and junk food, which ill do my best to cut out. Im a very fussy eater. I love my pasta dishes. I eat vegetables, but not as much as i should be. I love my fruit. I eat meat, but not as much as i should.

=============

So you want abs, but you don't want to look like a bodybuilder? Yea, because that happens on accident to so many people.

And then you pull the genetics cop out, only to tell us that you love your sweets and haven't really changed your diet.

Think about that.

--------------
Iron and chalk.

Enter the Darkside
christal086
christal086
Australia
2007/01/23, 11:21 PM
oh wrestler dont you think thats a bit harsh?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/01/26, 01:06 PM
Harsh? No. I just repeated what he said.

Besides, he's never coming back anyways. He posted one time, and has probably forgot all about this site or his fitness goals.

--------------
Gravity hates you.

Enter the Darkside.