Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

ADVICE:Workout Plan and Nutirtion combo.

Australia
2006/12/23, 09:20 AM
Dear Readers,

I wasnt sure at first what to put this under, either this forum or the nutrition forum. I am looking for advice and info on what i am about to undertake as a plan and i am unsure as to what its affects may be in regards to my wants and needs from it. On paper it looks fine to me sepearated in days - 1. legs, calves and bisceps 2.shoulders then a rest 3.back and tricepts, rest 4.chest and biscepts. I also do ab workouts on every day with uusally two workouts with 3 - 4 sets each, is that to much? I want strength and gradual gains, because i dont want to loose the cut look with tone, sacrificing it to gain size fast so i have divided my workout into mostly half and half with fisrt two sets (2 usually) being relitively light with one warm up nearly half my max then a 70% of my max lift then the last half being heavy and close to if not my max. Is this resonable in both gaining size and strength as well as maintaining and keeping the cut and toned looked? Also the big problem here that i want answered is diet. I am 5"6 and weigh 62kg and i am taking a 2800 - 3000 calary diet starting next week with almost 140 - 150 grams of protein through shakes, fish and eggs and about 300g of carbs a day, possibly slightly more. Is that acceptable? Is that to much or to less to maintain a look while also gaining along the way? Please help as i am finding it hard to find info in regards to maintaining and building on both rather then only one. Any handy hints on nutrition balancing would be helpful. Sorry about the size of the post and asking alot of questions but i want to be sure that i dont get started on something that isnt going to suit my needs and set me back, and i hope i can pick up on peopels experiences to benifit my new approach.

Kind Regards,

Robert Murphy :)