Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

hernia

ziggyt
ziggyt
Canada
2006/12/10, 01:45 PM
Hey,
i was wondering if u could help me out.
This is reagrding my mother, after my little brother was born, she had put on alot of weight, so for as long as i can remember shes been on and off of diets, but theyde only be tempoaray results. Last year she signed up to a gym and starting working out daily doing weights and cardio classes.. from the weights, she got a small hernia on her wrist, so she had to stop, and unfortunatly gained the weight back...
Im going to be visiting her for 3 weeks and i was thinking maybe she can try to get back into it kuz ive been driven, and maybe i can rub off on her..
Now, if i got her to sign up to FT.com, and got a program, would she be able to mark her wrists as an injury, thus not training her upper body and still get results?
She's been trying to lose the excess fat for so long and i want to try and help as much as possible.. thanx..
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/12/10, 02:04 PM
There is Upper Body Work she stil can do!

Pec Fly's, Shoulder Lateral Raise and ect!

Since she can't bulk being a women she could work lower body and lower body is the problem area for women and also where all people will get greatest gains and results, she'll burn a ton just on legs!

I don't know if you have paid attention to your body but no workout does what lower body days do too you, burn more and longer to recover!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/12/12, 11:58 AM
It's also called a Synovial Hernia or Synovial Cyst but they will reappear normally until they are removed.
sstump1
sstump1
United States
2006/12/12, 10:54 AM
Hernia on her wrists?? Never heard of that there. Are you sure it's not a Ganglion cyst? If so she can see a Dr and they can remove the fluid, but it might come back again over time. I had one but it didn't cause any pain even though I read they can.