Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Knee

mcdowellr
mcdowellr
Canada
2006/11/18, 01:10 PM
I scraped up my knee a while ago pretty bad in a quad accident. Now after it is all healed up it is beginning to hurt again. I think when rolled I might of twisted my knee a little and torn something. It only hurts when I play a sport with a lot of starting and stopping such as basketball or badmonton. When I run Its fine. Does anyone know any exercises which can help to strengthen this injury?
2006/11/18, 01:55 PM
Before you try to do any exercises you may want to have an MRI done to see if you have ligament damage.

--------------
Stop Making Excuses !!!!
mcdowellr
mcdowellr
Canada
2006/11/20, 10:04 PM
I don't think that it would be that serious. I have had the injury for a year now and it only hurts when I play basketball and badmonton. If there was serious ligiment damage wouldn't it hurt all the time or at least when I run?

All I want is to stengthen it if it is only a minor injury.
jakewa3
jakewa3
Canada
2006/11/21, 03:34 PM

============
Quoting from mcdowellr:

I don't think that it would be that serious. I have had the injury for a year now and it only hurts when I play basketball and badmonton. If there was serious ligiment damage wouldn't it hurt all the time or at least when I run?

All I want is to stengthen it if it is only a minor injury.
=============
Only way to be sure if it is a minor injury, as it still hurts, is to get it checked, then try some physiotherapy.
conan_0822
conan_0822
United States
2006/11/28, 09:00 AM
mcdowellr...It is possible to have serious damage but still be active. I tore my ACL and miniscus about 3 years ago. I can still jog fine, but have to put on the big ole knee brace for any sport activities. My Doc says I probably have some cartlige jammed into the knee keeping it from just giving out which is the norm for that kind of injury.