Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Need help with Supplements!!!

IkaikaH
IkaikaH
United States
2006/08/18, 09:59 PM
I take Notrobolic Extreme, Along with a protein/glutamine shake is there any other suggestions? Of coares I take them seprately, Thats what the directions say? So yeah, Are there any other suppliments I should be taking?
No Anabolic!
IkaikaH
IkaikaH
United States
2006/08/18, 10:02 PM
Also lifting weights 3-4 times a week. I wanna gain mass!:dumbbell:
IkaikaH
IkaikaH
United States
2006/08/18, 10:06 PM
Anyone?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/08/18, 11:02 PM
Yeah, I would go to your local GNC and just buy one of everything they have. Surely, some of it will make you huge. Don't look to proper rest, time and diet(you know, calories, food, that stuff). :)

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
edivecchio
edivecchio
United States
2006/08/19, 10:14 AM
BB1fit is so right man. You have to get that diet in order first, then look to adding in supplements. You benefit so much more from the right protein, carb, and fat intake you get from the very foods you eat. You might want to list what a day of eating is like for you so folks have a better idea on how to answer your question. They can't tell you what kind of supplements might benefit you if they don't have a good idea of what your body is already getting. There are so many different supplements out there. Good luck! :big_smile:
2006/08/19, 02:44 PM
"Yeah, I would go to your local GNC and just buy one of everything they have. Surely, some of it will make you huge."

worked for me...LOL....jk

Yea supplements will have very minimal effect on your gains. Just about all your gains will come from what you do in the gym as well as what you do outside of it. You want to gain mass? Then eat more. That simple. Ofcourse you must eat healthy so no junk or fastfood/takouts...Hard but doable. Must sleep 8+ hours a day. After tough workouts I can sleep for over 12 hours.

Above all you must develop a lot of patience.....nothing happens overnight. I have had plateaus for long time and worked at my gains for years. New people who start lifting have unrealistic expectations and fail because of that. On top they turn to useless supplements to speed up the process and waste their money that could be spent on food. Dont let this be you.

Where do you want to be 20 years from now? how about 10? how about 5? how about 1 year? 6 months? 1 month? 1 week? 1 workout.....you need to answer these questions and set up small realistic goals which eventually added up can be huge....just think about adding 1 lb to you your squat every workout....if you can sustain it for 10 years then you'll have a huge squat.....ditto for other big lifts...obviously such consistant gains are hard if not impossible to achieve but time allows for many things...even seemingly impossible ...
maxcdc
maxcdc
Belgium
2006/08/20, 06:20 AM
It may sounds stupid but... How do you deal with sleaping 12 hours and eating 6 times a day? I d'love to sleep more than 8 hours :(
2006/08/21, 11:23 AM
Max I dont sleep 12 hours all the time...I avg 8-10 hours....I only occassionally get that much sleep...couple times a month probably....on the super heavy deadlifts/squats/etc days or when I am really worn out...plus eating 6 times a day is not that hard...I sometimes eat more....remember every little thing u eat counts...every protein bar/handful of nuts, etc...
edivecchio
edivecchio
United States
2006/08/21, 11:29 AM
At first, I thought it would be hard changing to 5-6 meals. After a couple of weeks, my body would crave the food that often. I started to feel more energetic too. It's like eating three huge meals to get everything in, but you're just spreading it out more. Like menace said. Protein bar, some nuts, fruit and carb, etc. :)