Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

fast food nutrition

mazzgolf
mazzgolf
United States
2002/08/15, 02:19 PM
Holy cow! Take a look at this!

http://www.burgerking.com/Food/nutrition/NutritionalTable/downloads/menuitem.pdf

I knew fast food wasn't very healthy, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad... a Whopper with Cheese has 30g of saturated fat!!! 1.5g of sodium!!! (why not just shove the whole salt shaker in your mouth and start guzzling).

Take a look at the shakes! 27g saturated fat! (41g total fat).

I feel my arteries hardening just thinking about it! :-)
thebigfig72
thebigfig72
United States
2002/08/15, 03:42 PM
No wonder we have a fat problem.

--------------
do or do not, there is no try.
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/08/15, 07:38 PM
Every where you look there are Burger kings MacDonalds, Wendy's KFC Tacho Bell Fat Fat Fat every where you look & add the Donut shops coffee shops. And they are packed with people eating crap that will kill you eventually. I have kids and like all kids they want the toys advertised with the kids meals so you are harrased to go every now and again I preffer Wendy's thay have great chicken salads with fat free dressing grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo just tomato & lettuce taste great and the two combined under 10g of fat. and lots of protein

But the mindset seems to be fast every thing food service drive through every thing people in general need to relax and reaquant themselves with the important things in life family & friends

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/08/15, 09:55 PM
What about that guy that's suing a fast food chain for making him fat? How crazy is that?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/08/15, 11:02 PM
I checked out the Burger King site and did a little math. If you buy a Whopper w/ cheese value meal, King sized, with a Coke to drink, here's the break-down:

Calories.............. 1880
Fat (g)............... 83g
Saturated Fat......... 38g
Sodium................ 2595mg

That's like ordering an instant heart attack to go. Its scary to know that sooooo many people eat this crap every single day. Sure, its quick and easy, but so are leftovers.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
GymKitten
GymKitten
United Kingdom
2002/08/20, 07:20 AM
I think the so-called "fat suit" (where this guy is suing a fast food chain for making him fat) is just incredible.
Like people stand outside the door of McDonalds, drag you in and force you to eat their crap?? Get some sense of personal responsibility! I think either way the verdict turns out will be good. If they find the burger chain not guilty, then people will have to wise up and realise they can't blame everyone else for their own poor health. But if the burger chain is guilty, then hopefully we will see less overt pushing of junk food onto people. Things aren't so bad here in the UK, but we always head the way America is going, and there is just more and more junk food and cheap sweet fat crap available here every day.

I haven't been in a fast food joint for over a year now, and can't say I miss it at all (there have been periods of my life eg. as a teenager, when I practically lived on that junk). Oh except I think I stole a few fries when my boyfriend bought one sometime in June. :)
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/08/20, 09:17 PM
Well, I do have to say I go to fast food. I take a look at the menu and order something fairly healthy. I usually get a grilled chicken sandwich with no sauce and a side salad with water(bottled) or I do get a diet coke or sprite. I don't eat a lot of red meat so it is usually pretty simple for me to leave the whopper alone. My biggest downfall is an italian place that serves great garlic bread, i.e. Olive Garden. So I usually try to order something very healthy on the menu cause I know I am going to eat more salad and bread than I should.

--------------
Lisa