Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Diet coke, coffee, and red wine

carltoncold
carltoncold
Australia
2002/07/26, 06:19 AM
What are the affects/concerns to your health when diet coke, coffee, and red wine are a part of your diet. I usually go for morning jogs 4 times/wk then have 2 cups of coffee at work everyday, usually order a diet coke with my lunch, and at least 3 times a week, have red wine with dinner. I've been watching what I eat as of late, such as cutting down on red meat and eating more seafood, but those 3 drinks (diet code, coffee, and red wine) are indulgences I enjoy.

Cheers,
Carlton
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/07/26, 05:14 PM
Hey Carlton. Welcome. I am with you brother. I think it is all about moderation. If you are competing then I think you may want to be 100% strict with your diet regimen. If you are like most of us, trying to get into shape, reach some goals, etc. I don't see any of these being a concern. I drink 2 cups of coffee a day, and have red wine 4-5 times a week when I sit down to read before bed. Red wine is good for you in moderation. If you polished off a pot of coffee and a bottle of wine a day, I'd seek help. Otherwise, you are good to go IMO.

--------------
Ischjli
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -- T. S. Elliot
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/27, 02:30 AM
If you are not on a strict diet, you still do sport, your health is fine and you feel great, then actually I cannot see any problems about it.

--------------
- Nina :o) Vous êtes tous magnifiques!