Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

any tips on how to stick to it?

mitchyson
mitchyson
United Kingdom
2002/07/03, 05:02 PM
I find it really hard to stick to a diet i start to do really well but then i let my cravings get the better of me and then i feel really guilty.How do you stick to your diets?Thanx
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/03, 05:49 PM
Well, do you allow yourself one cheat day? If not, try that, it may help. Don't feel guilty, when you eat something bad, the guilt will make you just want to eat more of it, just promise yourself that you'll do better for the rest of the day or the next day. Don't buy junk food, especially not more than a single serving, if you can help it. That's all I can think of right now.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/07/07, 01:51 AM
I know it's hard, but it's all a question about control..... I can get soooooo frustrated when I cannot eat when I want to (during the comp prep) so I try to keep myself occupied the most possible.
Also fill out your stomach with water, eat some chewing gum or simply eat some cucumber.... (not many calories in that...)

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
nobull
nobull
United States
2002/07/17, 04:22 PM
I agree with lumina20. Cheat days are a godsend. One of the best bits of advice a pro bodybuilder ever told me was to cheat at least once a week. Keeps you on the straight and narrow. Plus, it keeps your metabolism guessing.
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/07/17, 05:07 PM
Try substituting some of your favorite things with low fat alternatives. My weekness is potato chips I love every kind out there. But when I really want some now I have a few pretzels low fat lot of zink & iron and you can get the low sodium ones it really is'nt a cheat and gets rid of the cravings. Also time the more you work out the more gains you see in weight loss tonning what ever you desire the less you want to go back to what you were before. And a cheat day is great too. Good luck

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.