Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

I need to get my life going!

shirleyanndigby
shirleyanndigby
Canada
2006/07/06, 02:41 PM
Hey there,

Nice to meet you all on this site.

I'm 43 and need to get into shape for my emotional well being.
I definately do not want to roll over one day and say what happened to my life. I have been sort of a funk these past 6 months as I'm having a real hard time excepting that i'm middle aged. Never had a weight problem before but now I am overweight by 30lbs. It's making me crazy need your help guys. I'm not a fitess buff or do I claim to eat only healthy foods but I do need some advice.:(

--------------
To old to get away with it. Too young not to!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/07/06, 09:22 PM
Hey Shirlie - you don't have to be a fitness buff or eat ONLY healthy foods. It makes it easier in the long run, especially as gravity tries to take over. :) Most of us that have been at this lifestyle for many years eat just about anything we want, we've just made it a pattern to want what's best for us. :) I don't have any words of wisdom other than it's surprisingly easy to keep your body weight where you want it as long as you're able to make what some people see as concessions. It's pretty simple math, eat less than you need to maintain your weight and the weight will come off. Working out a little makes a major difference and you don't have to be obsessive to make it work.
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2006/08/04, 12:44 AM
Just get out and do it' n-e-1 can, why wait?

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
"The thing you have to realize is that you have to work for it,"
stevehwms
stevehwms
United States
2006/08/23, 10:15 PM
For whatever reason, last Christmas I just switched it on, and started trying to eat better and exercise 5 times a week. I got a bicycle for Christmas and I ride that for 40 minutes to an hour every day. I'm one of those people that will stop completely if I lay off for a week, so I just keep filling in the reps and weights in the workout program and I try to eat BETTER - not perfect - just better than I would have before. I know that I am getting into the best shape I've ever been in and I am -gasp- 41!

Just start and don't stop. Follow the workout plan, and six months from now, you won't believe the difference!:dumbbell:

INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2006/09/19, 06:59 PM
Hey man good job!
Thats what its all about "consistancy is everything"

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
"The thing you have to realize is that you have to work for it,"