Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

6 Meal a Day Diet Plans Anyone?

acp999
acp999
United States
2002/06/06, 10:40 AM
Hi. I am trying to start a new workout routine consisting of weight training 3 times a week and jogging/running 4 to 6 mornings a week. My main goal is to loose weight but put on some muscle too. I'm not too overweight, 188lbs, 5'10'', 35in waist,28 years old, but I have a really slow metabolism. The problem is I can't find a good 6 meal a day diet thats easy to follow (1 can of tuna, 1 apple, 1 cup of oatmeal, etc...) easy to prepare, and as many different foods as possible. I plan on continuing this routine for 2 to 3 months until I'm in better shape to start a different one. If anyone has any good meal plans for this type of routine, PLEASE let me know. Thank you very much.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/06, 01:22 PM
Well, my suggestion is to lose all the fat first. If I knew what I do now when I first started I probably would have alot more success. I wouldn't recommend too high of a diet, since you are trying to lose weight. The only 6 meal a day diets I know are all for mass. Which adds fat, not the other way. Lose the weight first, while lifting some lighter weights to tone up a bit, then go for mass.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/06/06, 02:40 PM
Those 6 meals will keep your metabolism boiling. When you're trying to lose weight, it's still a good idea to eat often and keep your workouts intense. The individual meals don't have to be a BIG meal - just something to keep your body from going into store mode. I take egg whites to work along with some cottage cheese and occasionally a little container made up of protein powder and sugar free jello along with a little cottage cheese (all blended and thanks to alorle). I still get plenty of nourishment that way but stay in a calorie deficit. Keep your body guessing and change up to 5 meals every other day instead of 6.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/06, 03:00 PM
That is great Mike. I am going to have to learn how to eat all over again soon. So you can still eat what you were eating while doing mass, just less of it?

--------------
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfect practice does.
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/06/06, 04:30 PM
That was one of the hardest things for me to learn Cain. You have to eat to lose. LOL You just want to keep yourself a little deficient in the calories and fake it out with multiple mini-meals but still less than your maintenance calories. I hadn't tried changing the number of meals till a couple of months ago and it works like a charm. I think it was Philia that mentioned that.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/06, 04:51 PM
Actually, nowadays, most of those diet programs (yes, even the new fads and so-called Hollywood diets) recommend eating several mini-meals in order to lose weight. Unfortunately, I did not learn about this until after I went through my diet.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/06, 09:10 PM
Hmm. I'll have to try that in a couple weeks.

--------------
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfect practice does.