Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Diet Blues

nastiya
nastiya
United States
2006/05/29, 11:27 PM
Hello all, I am new to this site. I have been working out for about 2 months now and trying to eat clean. I want to put together a good diet, but the more I count the cals, carbs, and protiens, the more and more I get depressed:(
I put together what seemed to be a good plan, but after I tallied it up last night, I had 2335 cal(right where I want to be) 200g protien (60 over where I need to be)...Maybe you guys can help me, or offer some advice. I will be greatful..

M1: protien pancakes (3 whites, 1/2c oats, 1/2c cottage c.)
2 tbs. peanut butter, 8 oz pom. juice

M2: chicken breast, 1 sweet potato, 1 cup veggies

M3: pwo shake and banana

M4: chicken breast, 1c. lettuce, 1/2 c. beans, 1/2 mushrooms
1/2 c. cucumbers, 1/2 tomato, olive oil, and 1 sl. bread

M5: Tunna patty (1 can tuna, 2tbs. oats, 2 whites), 1 c.
broccoli, 1/2 c. brown rice

M6: 1 cup berries, 1 sc. protein, 1 c. nonfat yogurt

Plus I'll eat an apple and orange for snacks
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/05/30, 01:01 AM
Don't know enough about you. May not be that bad of a diet depending on who you are. Are you male...female? What are your goals? What do you weigh? If you fill out your profile completely it makes it much easier to answer questions such as this. Let us know. Good luck and welcome to FT!

--------------
Days go by and life drags on.....
trainer1023
trainer1023
United States
2006/05/30, 01:11 AM
What is your total carb intake? I sounds like to me that you might have too many carbs. To get an idea of what your daily calorie intake should be take your weight and times it by 100. Also try not to take in carbs late in the afternoon. For me I try not to eat anything with alot of carbs after 3 pm. Also try 3 meals and 2 snacks in between, it looks like you have too many meals.It has been 1 year since I have started working out and since then I have lost around 40 lbs and also became a certified personal trainer. I still have not got everything figured out, and I know how confusing everything can be. You can reach your goal if you are dedicated. If I can do it anyone can!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/05/30, 09:49 AM
ditto on mojo's comments.

You have a really nice diet goign there, I would't sweat about being higher on protein than you plan, if your calories are right that could be beneficial.

trainer1023, six small meals, as opposed to 3 meals and 2 snacks, will garner better results, faster. Your body can only take in so many nutrients at once, splitting them into six meals that all include protein and good carbs is really the way to go. Snacks often don't contain enough or any protein, as in, just an apple or just some veggies. protein slows the absorption of carbs and creates a more sustained energy than just carbs, it also blunts the insulin response to carbs. protein also 'costs' more, calorie-wise because it takes more energy to digest.

Keep learning all you can and you will be a great trainer, I am sure.

--------------

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
nastiya
nastiya
United States
2006/05/30, 11:30 PM
Hi all, thanks for the replyes. I will see if I can make my profile work. I am Female, I'm 5'9 and weigh 132lb. I am trying to gain muscle mass and drop body fat, so 1300 (weight times 100) is waaayyy too low for me. I'm supposed to be around 2100-2400 for the amount of workouts that I do. My carbs are around 234 right now. I was told that if you have too much protien you can have liver problems, any input on that? Because I am at 200. Do you think that there is any way I can cut my protien and still keep enough carbs and good cals? I guess I'm just worrying about doing everything correctly, it is very hard to be enlighted by all this info, and I really want to succeed.

Thank you!!