Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

protein powder drink throughout the day?

2006/05/23, 03:59 AM
Would it be ok to mix a crap load of protein with (water, or whatever) and just keep it with you through out the day (in the fridge when not using of course?)

Would the amino acids break down? or would it be ok to do this to save time?
any opinions?

j

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/05/23, 08:13 AM
It's not the best idea. Solid foods are the best protein sources during the day. If worse comes to worse and you can't ingest any high-protein foods, keep a scoop or two of protein powder in a sandwich bag and mix it whenever you're ready to drink it.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
2006/05/23, 11:55 AM
tHANKS FOR THE INPUT.

But the question had nothing to do with whether or not protein powder was better than food,

I know enough to understand that whole food always outways the benefits of protein poweder, BUT my questions is

IF I WAS ON A DIET WHERE I COULD NOT OBTAIN WHOLE FOOD ENOUGH THROUGHOUT THE DAY, WOULD IT BE BAD TO JUST MIX UP A 1/2 GALLON OF WATER AND PROTEIN POWDER FOR WHEN I NEEDED IT?

Thanks for your answer though JBENNETT, any other opinions pertaining to the question i asked?

ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2006/05/23, 12:12 PM
I think Jbennett did answer that when he said that it is not the best but keep the powder in a bag to mix when you need it
I think that water may not be right to mix it with in this case due to fast absorbtion. maybe milk to slow it down
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/05/23, 05:28 PM
Yep, if your going to use it as a meal replacement, add some oats to it and eat it instead of drinking it.

--------------
Days go by and life drags on.....