Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Best time for carbs and protien

erheaume
erheaume
United States
2002/05/02, 10:59 AM
I usually lift weight in the morning before work and then run at lunch time. I realize it would probably be better to do my cardio in the morning but this schedule works best for me. After work I usually don't do any kind of exercise. Does it matter when I consume my protien and carbohydrate foods? Is it better to eat more carbos in the morning for fuel and the protein more after work?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/02, 11:56 AM
You should spread your protien out through the day I think.. as far as carbs go though you probably want to eat a lot right before you lift to maybe help you increase the intensity of your workouts.. but for cardio if your trying to lose weight (fill out your profile) then you probably want to wait until after your run to eat something... I think someone else like rp said to wait maybe 3 some hours before cardio so your stomach is or near empty... otherwise your burning up only what you just ate...
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/02, 11:58 AM
You should consume a fairly even amount of protein during the day. For example, if you are supposed to consume 150g of protein per day, then spread this out over 5 or 6 meals...or 25-30g per sitting.

As far as carbs, I would suggest the same thing as the protein. When you do your cardio at lunch, make sure you do it on a relatively empty stomach so that your body taps into fat stores for energy.

Hope this helps...

--------------
**_Robert_**
dchinnici
dchinnici
United States
2002/05/07, 12:58 AM
I just read a phenomenal article on abcbodybuilders.com that addresses this issue a little and really explains fully how your body uses its nutrients, proteins, carbs, sugars, etc. It is aimed at people trying to lose wieght, but either way it educated me immensly.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/13weekstohardcorefatburningdiet.htm

--------------
//Pain is weakness leaving the body//
Dave
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/10, 11:16 AM
Damn that means I have to eat 65 grams of protein per sitting..

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
jsambu
jsambu
United States
2002/05/14, 11:03 PM
yes you are correct, eat your carbs in the morning so you have energy, plus if you are training above you thr then your main energy source is carbs, but dont worry cause you still burn fat, eat some protein after you lift too.