Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

How the....

fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/03, 04:34 PM
How do you guys do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach.. i'm pretty much hungry from the moment I wakeup and I even tried doing something light for 5 minutes.. like push-ups and my stomach pretty much screamed for breakfast... i'm seriously underweight for my height/age... could that be it?...
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/03, 04:42 PM
If your goal is to gain weight/mass, then you should skip the morning cardio and eat, eat, eat. Do your cardio later on the afternoon.

It also depends on what you eat the night before. Most of us eat at least 5-7 meals per day, so we can defer breakfast until after cardio.

--------------
**_Robert_**
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/03, 07:02 PM
I don't really want to gain any weight.. I just want to lose that last pinch thats covering up my abs...
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/04/03, 07:58 PM
Hmmm.. you said that you are 'seriously underweight'.. your body may be holding onto this extra fat for that reason. I would suggest adding some lean muscle mass.. then things will fall into place.

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/04, 01:04 AM
EAT!!! If you are that hungry (in the mornings) then EAT!!! Get some oats with some protein powder and a fruit and then 1-2 hours after you can do a light work out if you want to.

Since you are skinny (and very fast metabolism?), your body will probably just burn muscles when you wake up, so give them what they need.

You'll loose your tummy automatically if you start putting on some more lean muscle mass.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/04, 10:34 AM
Fireloard, what is your goal? What are you trying to achieve? It seems there is a contradiction with what you want vs. what your body can actually handle!

--------------
**_Robert_**
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/04, 12:31 PM
Ok I should of explained it better... i'm underweight and thin.. I just want to be cut or close to it.. but back in december.. I got this horrible cold/flu/whatever.. anyone one of the days it was super bad and I didn't feel like eating.. at all.. and anything I TRIED to either wouldn't go down or felt like it was going to come back (it wasn't much either.. like little pinches of bread) but I had stuff that I HAD to do that day so I was still walking all around and by the end of the day I lost 3 pounds (ya probably water weight) Anyway after that I didn't workout for a while and I noticed I gained a lot of fat around my body overall.. I know because I can pull a bigger pinch off.. well anywhere on me.. and i'm at my normal weight and when I was at this weight last year I could flex my chest and see the lines go across the front.. that doesn't work now... it what.. about 4 months since that day but its like the fat my body got from it just won't go away.. no matter what....

Hope that clears it up...
JoshuaTheGreat
JoshuaTheGreat
United States
2002/04/07, 05:56 PM
I know you should do cardio on an empty stomach to help lose that little fat while cutting but what if you just can't workout on an empty stomach? Would it be that horrible to drink a Myoplex Lite shake then hit the gym and cardio?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/07, 09:20 PM
I don't know.. I don't take any kind of shakes or supplements.. everyone kinda left this thread alone... not sure if anyone will actually see that question..
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/08, 04:09 PM
Okay...let me explain. The reason why cardio is suited best on an empty stomach is so that the activity will force your body to use up its fat stores for the energy. If you eat first, your body slows its digestive process and will use what you've just eaten as its primary energy source. If you can't do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, you can do it whenever...just as long as you allow 3 hours from the time you last ate to the time you begin cardio. And, wait 1 hour after your cardio session before eating.

Hope this simplifies things a bit...

--------------
**_Robert_**
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/04/08, 04:13 PM
Sounds good to me.. I'll have to give that a try.. anyway I like lifting in the morning and cardio in the afternoon.. the weights are too crowded in the afternoon and no one is really on the track at any time of the day so I don't really have to worry about dodging around a lot of people then... thanks rp